A small village with a beautiful beach next to Platanias at a distance of about 14 Km west of Chania and 2 Km from Platanias. The beach (a long pebble one) gains every year the Blue Flag and provides all kind of facilities such as sundchairs, umbrellas, shower, W.C. and sea sports.
The village offers all the basic facilities such as a small variety of tavernas and mini-markets, butcher, baker, petrol station, taxi cabs and there is a regular bus route to the town of Chania.
The village's people call it Pano Gerani in order to distinguish it with the coastal settlement of Kato Gerani located one kilometer to the north.
The village is mentioned at the census of Fr Barozzi in 1577 but his history is believed that starts centuries ago while some (E.Lambrinakis) claim that here was the exact location of ancient Kydonia and that a temple of VRITOMARTIS used to be here.
The surrounding area villages worth a small walk. Enjoy the unspoiled Cretan nature and hospitality.